Open Interviews at Deaconess
We are holding open interviews for Environmental Services Staff.
When and Where:
Wednesday, October 28th at the Midtown Campus - Main Entrance from 10 AM - Noon and 5 PM - 7 PM
Thursday, October 29th at the Gateway Campus - Orthopedic Neuroscience Hospital Entrance from 10 AM - Noon and 5 PM - 7 PM
Job and Department Overview
The Environmental Services (EVS) Department operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Within the Deaconess Environmental Services department, we strive to help our staff be successful and confident with any position they hold. New EVS Representatives will be in training for a minimum of 2 weeks. EVS department has an educator on staff to train employees on departmental practices and protocols. Within the title of Environmental Services Representative there are 4 main roles: Housekeeper, Waste Processor, Project Worker, and Floor Care Technician.
Environmental Services Department Roles:
- Housekeepers are responsible for cleaning and sanitizing patient rooms, hospital departments and public areas according to established cleaning protocols.
- Waste Processors will be accountable for properly packaging transporting waste (general waste, recycling, shred materials, regulated waste, etc.) to collection points located inside and outside for disposal.
- Project Workers will be involved in furniture relocation, room curtain removal/re-hanging, operation of UV sterilization light, pest control, event set up, and assisting with sanitization when necessary.
- Floor Care Technicians (2nd and 3rd shift only) will maintain and refinish the floors throughout the hospital. Carpet cleaning will also be a requirement.
- Competitive pay and potential for growth
- Consistent scheduling
- Uniforms provided for Environmental Services employees
- Shift incentive and weekend option positions available
- Full Time, Part Time, and Supplemental positions (overtime typically available)
- No mandatory overtime
- Yearly opportunity for pay increases and bonuses
- Tuition reimbursement and referral bonuses available
- Great health benefits and retirement savings plans