DSS Security Police
This job posting is no longer active.
- Evansville, IN
- Deaconess Midtown Campus
- Security - MT
- Supplemental - Day/Evening/Night
- Scheduled Weekday: Monday - Sunday
- Shift Start Time: Varies
- Shift End Time: Varies
- Weekend Shift Assignments: Most Weekends
- Holiday Shift Assignments: Rotating Holidays
- Position Eligible Incentives: None
- Req #: 21921
Join our Team
We are looking for compassionate, caring people to join our talented staff of health care professionals as we continue to grow to be the preferred, regional health care partner in our community.
Act as a Liaison with law enforcement and coordinates the functions of the Law Enforcement Officers (LEO) in the Emergency Department who are stationed at the triage desk 24-hours per day, seven days per week. The officer will provide maximum visibility and strive to ensure a safe environment for ED patients, visitors and staff.
Ensures that officers remain highly visible at the triage area as a deterrent to disruptive or aggressive behavior and that officers are in full uniform.
What You Will Need
- Appointment by the Indiana Law Enforcement Academy.
- Currently employed by Evansville Police Department or Warrick County as a law enforcement officer.
- Has hospital orientation and met all OSHA, fire and emergency requirements.
- Must be able to deal effectively with patients and family members in a crisis situation and to deal with abusive people
Why Choose Deaconess?
Deaconess is one of the largest, local employers in the tristate area and is consistently recognized as a leader in healthcare at the state and national levels. Compassion for patients and dedication to the community are core values of Deaconess and have been since our founding in 1892. We value our employees and offer an extensive benefits package. Throughout the Health System, we offer work environments that support professional development and personal success. Come join us and find a CAREER you can love.