DSS Food Service Representative
This job posting is no longer active.
- Newburgh, IN
- Deaconess Gateway Campus
- Dietetics Patient Food Services - GW
- Supplemental - Various
- Scheduled Weekday: Monday - Sunday
- Shift Start Time: Varies
- Shift End Time: Varies
- Weekend Shift Assignments: Rotating Weekends
- Holiday Shift Assignments: Rotating Holidays
- Position Eligible Incentives: None
- Req #: 21926
Join our Team
We are looking for compassionate, caring people to join our talented staff of health care professionals as we continue to grow to be the preferred, regional health care partner in our community.
Within the Deaconess Food & Nutrition Department, we strive to help our staff be successful and confident with any position they hold by promoting cross training within the department. Within the title of Food and Nutrition Ambassador there are several roles that may be assigned to you, such as: Patient Room Service Specialist, Patient Food Preparation, Patient Food Call Center, Cafe Station Worker or Cashier, Cafe Food Preparation, Dish Room, and Convenience Store or Coffee Shop. The general operating hours for this department will be 5am-8:30pm 7 days a week.
• Competitive pay and potential for growth
• Uniforms provided for Dietary Employees
• Shift incentives and weekend only positions available
• Flexible scheduling to accommodate your life - Full Time, Part Time, and Supplemental positions (overtime typically available)
• Fun, caring environment where you will always be off work on time
• Flexible shift assignments – cross training allows you to find the perfect shift assignment
• Tuition reimbursement and referral bonuses available
• Great health benefits and retirement savings plans
What You Will Need
• Completion of High School or GED preferred, but not required for this position.
• No experience needed. May learn duties in 2-3 weeks depending on the job; must know the importance of accuracy.
• Must be able to read and write. Must demonstrate the ability to use a variety of food preparation equipment.
• Must have reliable transportation.
• Must have good attendance.
• Must be able to stand for long periods of time and be able to push, pull, and lift up to 50 lbs.
• Must be able to speak English fluently and be able to communicate effectively.
Why Choose Deaconess?
Deaconess is one of the largest, local employers in the tristate area and is consistently recognized as a leader in healthcare at the state and national levels. Compassion for patients and dedication to the community are core values of Deaconess and have been since our founding in 1892. We value our employees and offer an extensive benefits package. Throughout the Health System, we offer work environments that support professional development and personal success. Come join us and find a CAREER you can love.