Cardiac Cath Lab Rad Tech
- Evansville, IN
- Deaconess Midtown Campus
- Cardiology - MT
- Full Time - 60 - Day/Evening
- Scheduled Weekday: Monday - Friday
- Shift Start Time: 6:30 AM
- Shift End Time: 7:00 PM
- Weekend Shift Assignments: None
- Holiday Shift Assignments: Rotating Holidays
- Position Eligible Incentives: Shift and On-Call Incentives
- Req #: 21780
SUMMARY OF THE JOB
Performs routine and specific specialized radiographic procedures at a level not requiring constant supervision of technical detail under the direction of a radiologist. IV administration of contrast is required.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Job Duties include the following, other duties may be assigned:
- Performs interventional, therapeutic, and vascular procedures under the direct supervision of the Cardiologist, Vascular Surgeon or Neurointerventionalist
- Performs IV injections using safe sterile technique.
- Assists with Transcatheter Aortic Valve Repair Procedures
- Assists with EP device implants
- Maintains flexibility to cover needs at Midtown and Gateway Campuses
- Keeps area supplied and clean.
- Performs office responsibilities to include scheduling patients when required.
- Participates in in-services.
- Monitors vital signs as necessary.
- Performs EMR and PACS functions as necessary.
- Maintains crash cart.
- Maintains ACT and AVOX equipment.
- Preps patient’s skin utilizing sterile technique.
- Prepares for exams by checking charts for all appropriate information pre-scheduling and/or pre-procedure as applicable.
- Regularly assists in the assessment, planning, implementation, evaluation, and documentation of patient/family educational needs so that adequate information is communicated to the patient/family.
- Provides patient teaching.
- Maintains equipment to decrease downtime and overtime expense.
- Participates in performance improvement and quality assurance initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
Competencies: If applicable and not listed below, please refer to the department for required competencies.
JOB REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and must clearly demonstrate all required competencies. The education/experience, certifications, skills, physical demands, and work environment described below further define requirements associated with this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Employee must maintain BLS CPR certification for healthcare providers. ACLS is preferred for technologist. Basic Dysrhythmia course is required.
Education and Experience
The individual must be a graduate of a recognized Radiologic Technologist program or meet clinical experience, didactic course work and alternative eligibility as specified in the ARRT application for certification instructions. The individual must have at least 5 years of prior Cath Lab experience.