Child Care Assistant - Supplemental
- Evansville, IN
- Deaconess Child Care Center East
- Supplemental - Day/Evening
- Scheduled Weekday: Monday - Friday
- Shift Start Time: Varies
- Shift End Time: Varies
- Weekend Shift Assignments: None
- Holiday Shift Assignments: None
- Position Eligible Incentives: None
- Req #: 21602
Join Our Team
We are looking for compassionate, caring people to join our talented staff of health care professionals as we continue to grow to be the preferred, regional health care partner in our community.
We pride ourselves in retaining our top talent by offering work environments that support professional development and personal success. We also offer:
- Flexible work schedules – Day/Eve
- Free access to fitness centers, where health coaches are available to help with workout plans
- Career advancement opportunities
As a Supplemental Child Care Assistant, you will play a critical role in continuing the healing mission of Deaconess.
The Deaconess Supplemental Staff (DSS) teacher assistant is a substitute who supports the classroom teacher in providing care and education of an assigned group of children. In that role, they are responsible for helping with the implementation of lesson plans, assisting with the supervision of children, and on occasion the communication with parents; working together to provide a healthy and safe environment for children that encourages social emotional, physical, cognitive and language development based on the Reggio Approach. In addition, the DSS may also be responsible for assisting in the kitchen or helping in an administrative position, such as answering the phone, typing, etc.
This position is supplemental/working as needed. Hours may vary.
Job Duties include the following, other duties may be assigned:
- Works with classroom teacher to establish and maintain a safe and healthy learning environment
- Works with classroom teacher to advance physical and intellectual competence
- Works with classroom teacher to support social and emotional development and provide positive guidance
- To establish positive and productive relationships with families
- To ensure a well-run, purposeful program responsive to participant needs
- To help cook prepare and serve food according to the State Board of Health regulations
- To help maintain food supplies on a weekly basis
- To clean and maintain the kitchen and staff lounge
- Sets the tone for families, staff and visitors
- Provides general office duties
- Helps maintain center supplies
What You Will Need
- High school diploma or GED required, some college a plus.
- Must acquire 20 hours of professional development annually.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Current CPR/First Aid certification and NAEYC Membership preferred.
Keeping You Safe
We are taking necessary precautions to keep our candidates and staff safe through the pandemic. Interviews are being conducted in-person while onboarding is being done virtually, both with proper social distancing. We provide you with proper PPE and do our best to keep you safe. As a member of the healthcare team, you will have access to the new COVID vaccine.
Why Choose Deaconess?
Deaconess is one of the largest, local employers in the tristate area and has been recognized as the #2 Hospital in Indiana and named Best Place to Work in 2020. Compassion for patients and dedication to the community are core values of Deaconess and have been since our founding in 1892. Throughout the Health System, we offer work environments that support professional development and personal success. We truly value our employees. Come join us and find a CAREER you can love!