DSS Central Supply Technician
- Newburgh, IN
- Deaconess Gateway Campus
- Central Supply - GW
- Supplemental - As Needed
- Patient Care Support
- Scheduled Weekday: Monday - Sunday
- Shift Start Time: 7:00 AM
- Shift End Time: 3:30 PM
- Weekend Shift Assignments: Rotating Weekends
- Holiday Shift Assignments: Rotating Holidays
- Position Eligible Incentives: None
- Req #: 21463
Join Our Team
We are looking for compassionate, caring people to help us continue our tradition of excellence. Join a team where your voice is heard and you are treated like family.
This position has responsibility for providing sterile processing, decontamination, assembly, and transport of medical supplies / equipment and ancillary services to all requesting departments as required, under the supervision of the SSP Manager.
- Disassembles and cleans equipment such as suction machines, IV monitors, pumps, commodes, wheelchairs, and walkers using approved disinfectants, detergents, soaps, and cleaners. Reassembles equipment after cleaning and operates to test for proper functioning. Replaces lost or damaged parts such as tubes, containers, and connectors from stock on hand. Completes required forms and transfers inoperable equipment to the appropriate holding area for repair. Properly bags, tags, and initials clean equipment.
- Delivers supplies and equipment to the requesting units and pulls cases for OR. Restocks bins and puts extra inventory away. Answers phone calls for the units and OR. Checks outdates on all disposable supplies. Checks the integrity and all indicators, like color change on tape, on a sterile package.
- Maintains assigned work areas and equipment in a clean and organized condition to maintain required standards for handling sterilized and clean materials and to maintain a safe work environment.
- Assist in orientation of new employees to each work assignment area and overall department operation.
What You Will Need
• High School Diploma/GED required.
• Previous work experience in a fast-paced environment.
Deaconess is one of the largest, local employers in the tristate area and is consistently recognized as a leader in healthcare at the state and national levels. We value our employees. Come join us and find a CAREER you love!