Supplemental Medical Lab Technician/Medical Lab Scientist
- Princeton, IN
- Gibson General Hospital
- Core Lab
- Supplemental - Day/Evening/Night
- Scheduled Weekday: Monday - Sunday
- Shift Start Time: Varies
- Shift End Time: Varies
- Weekend Shift Assignments: Rotating Weekends
- Holiday Shift Assignments: None
- Position Eligible Incentives: None
- Req #: 21180
SummaryPosition Summary – Lab
This position has responsibilities for performing and reporting timely and accurate test results in a General Laboratory. Testing includes general chemistry, toxicology, immunoassay, osmolality, blood gases, hematology, coagulation, blood bank, urinalysis, blood cultures, and body fluid procedures using a Laboratory Automation System [LAS], automated analyzers, and semi-automated/manual procedures. Functions include mastery of highly complex tasks and technical knowledge including equipment maintenance, assay troubleshooting, result interpretation, regulatory compliance, quality control, and process improvement.
Candidate must be team oriented, patient-focused, capable of working in a high-paced environment, and willing to work flexible hours. Preferred candidates will possess strong leadership skills and working experience with a Laboratory Information System [LIS] and Microsoft Office products.
- Bachelor’s degree in Clinical or Medical Laboratory Science, Medical Technology or in the chemical or biological sciences and registered as MLS(ASCP) or MT(ASCP) or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree in the chemical or biological sciences with categorical certification in the applicable discipline (e.g., H(ASCP), C(ASCP), M(ASCP), BB(ASCP))
- Education required to be registered by American Medical Technologist MT (AMT) or Federal Health and Human Services MT (HHS) with at least 3 years of high complexity clinical laboratory experience
- Associate's degree (A.S.) in Medical Laboratory Technology and registered as MLT(ASCP) with at least 3 years of high complexity clinical laboratory experience
Physical and other requirements
- Fine motor coordination
- Ability to move around the laboratory
- Must be able to sit and/or stand for extensive periods of time
- Good visual acuity; color perception may be required in some positions