Radiologic Tech - Outpatient/PRN
- Henderson, KY
- Deaconess Clinic
- Urgent Care - Henderson
- Supplemental - Rotating
- Scheduled Weekday: Monday - Sunday
- Shift Start Time: 7:45 AM
- Shift End Time: 8:00 PM
- Weekend Shift Assignments: Rotating Weekends
- Holiday Shift Assignments: None
- Position Eligible Incentives: Shift and Weekend Incentives
- Req #: 20914
Join Our Team
We are looking for compassionate, caring people to join our talented staff of health care professionals as we continue to grow to be the preferred, regional health care partner in our community.
Provides general clinical assistance by preparing equipment, administering medication by mouth as ordered and aiding primary clinicians (physicians, nurse practitioner or physician assistant) during treatment and examination of patients. Assures that the patient treatment areas are clean and stocked. Assists with patient testing and assessment functions as assigned.
This position is supplemental/working as needed.
Job Duties include the following, other duties may be assigned:
- Explains procedures and treatments to patients to gain cooperation, understanding and allay apprehension.
- Administers treatments in accordance with Center Protocols.
- Prepares equipment and aids primary clinician (physician, nurse practitioner or physician assistant) during treatment and examination of patient.
- Maintains awareness of comfort and safety needs of patient.
- Performs routine preventative maintenance on assigned instruments and equipment according to established schedule and procedure.
- Verifies instrument functioning by checking and calibrating specific lab instruments and documents data.
- Directs someone with access to CMMS to place a work order for repairs, replacement and maintenance of equipment as needed.
- Prepares patient for and assists with examinations.
- Cleans and sterilizes instruments and equipment, and maintains stock of supplies and medications.
- Conducts specified laboratory tests.
- Performs and records electrocardiograms.
- Escorts patient to room for assessment.
- Takes patient’s vital signs, treats wounds and evaluates physical condition of patient.
- Contacts hospital or other health care facility to arrange for further medical or psychological treatment as directed by the primary care clinician.
- Makes a referral appointment to specialists as ordered by clinician. Then notifies patient.
- Performs hearing, vision, pulmonary function, drug testing and alcohol testing in accordance with established protocols.
- Makes assigned “call-backs” to patients to assess their after-care status.
- Assures that all rooms are stocked at the end of each shift.
- Associate marks charges appropriately in EPIC and on charge ticket and corresponds to diagnosis determined by clinician.
- Takes patient phone calls, acquires physician’s response and return information to patient by telephone.
- Labels and dispenses medications from the pharmacy under the direction of the provider on duty.
- Accepts assignments at any Center location.
- Operates radiology equipment to produce radiographs (x-rays) of body for diagnostic purposes.
- Positions patient on examination table and adjusts immobilization devises to obtain optimum views of specified area of body, requested by ordering clinician.
- Moves x-ray equipment into specified position and adjusts equipment controls to set exposure factor such as time and distance.
- Practices radiation protection techniques to minimize radiation to patient and staff.
- Occasionally oversees interns, temporary help and new employees in orientation.
What You Will Need
- Associate’s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school (degree preferred).
- Six months to one year related experience desired, but not required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Valid license/certificate in specialty. Must maintain current status in the state in which you practice.
- Continuing Education, required by state licensing board, must be current and adequate to maintain license. Failure to do so could result in suspension from work until met.
- Valid driver’s license from state of residence.
- Must have Healthcare Provider CPR certification. Valid CPR certification must be maintained throughout employment.
Why Choose Deaconess?
Deaconess is one of the largest, local employers in the tristate area and is consistently recognized as a leader in healthcare at the state and national levels. Compassion for patients and dedication to the community are core values of Deaconess and have been since our founding in 1892. Throughout the Health System, we offer work environments that support professional development and personal success. Come join us and find a CAREER you can love.