Supplemental Hospice/DVNA Aide
This job posting is no longer active.
- Evansville, IN
- Deaconess VNA
- Deaconess Hospice - DVNA
- Supplemental - Day/Evening/Night
- Patient Care Support
- Scheduled Weekday: Monday - Sunday
- Shift Start Time: Varies
- Shift End Time: Varies
- Weekend Shift Assignments: Rotating Weekends
- Holiday Shift Assignments: Rotating Holidays
- Position Eligible Incentives: Shift and Weekend Incentives
- Req #: 20208
We are looking for compassionate, caring people to join our great staff of health care providers.
Join Our Team
We are looking for compassionate, caring, and dedicated employees to join our team and help us continue our tradition of excellence.
We pride ourselves in retaining our top talent by offering work environments that support professional development and personal success. Our extensive benefits package includes standard and advantage options. In addition to that we offer:
- Flexible work schedules – Full time/part time/supplemental – Day/Eve/Night
- Level 4 children’s enrichment centers
- Tuition reimbursement
- Free access to fitness centers, where health coaches are available to help with workout plans
- Career advancement opportunities
Gives personal care and exercise and performs light housekeeping chores for patients in their home environment or inpatient hospice units. Serves as model and demonstrator to patients and their families. Follows the clinical direction of the Staff RN in the management of the patient's plan of care.
Job Duties include the following, other duties may be assigned:
- Assists patients with assigned personal hygiene. Care provided includes bathing (bed, sponge, tub and shower), hair care (shampoo in and out of bed), oral hygiene, shaving, foot soaks, skin and nail care.
- Completes assigned procedures and treatments. This may include taking temperatures and blood pressures, providing catheter care, Texas catheter care, observing bladder and bowel functions, and assisting with rehabilitation home programs. Upon supervisory direction, assists with mechanical/Hoyer lifts, transfer boards, and provides stoma care when assigned.
- Provides assistance with designated activities including passive and active range of motion, ambulation and transfers.
- Assists with assigned housekeeping functions which may include changing and/or making beds, meal setup and feeding, washing dishes, laundry, dusting, floor care and refuse disposal. While working in an inpatient unit, completes assigned housekeeping functions and performs monitor checks on specific equipment as assigned.
- Recognizes and communicates to the case manager/Staff RN changes in the patient's conditions, using methods appropriate to the urgency.
- Conforms to established Agency expectations of productivity and quality care.
- Maintains accurate and complete patient, time and mileage records. Submits documentation on the approved forms/format according to prevailing time requirements.
- Participates as a flexible team member assisting with coverage of patient care needs as assigned in an inpatient unit, home, or nursing home. Participates in the weekend, holiday, and on-call coverage role as assigned.
- Participates in Agency meetings, inservices, staff meetings and IDG meetings, shift reporting activities, and case conferences as required.
- Demonstrates application of infection control principles.
- Accepts responsibility under adverse working conditions, within the limits of safety.
- Respects personal and medical information in the strictest confidence.
- Driving is required for visiting staff
- Performs all other duties as may be required.
Keeping you safe:
We are taking necessary precautions to keep our candidates and staff safe through the pandemic. Interviews are being conducted in-person while onboarding is being done virtually, both with proper social distancing. We provide you with proper PPE and do our best to keep you safe. As a member of the healthcare team, you will have early access to the new COVID vaccine.
Why Choose Deaconess?
Deaconess is one of the largest, local employers in the tristate area and has been recognized as the #2 Hospital in Indiana and named Best Place to Work in 2020. We are also Magnet Recognized by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Magnet designation is the highest level of recognition that a health care organization can attain that provides the service of professional registered nurses. The Magnet program promotes excellence in nursing practice. Compassion for patients and dedication to the community are core values of Deaconess and have been since our founding in 1892. We truly value our employees. Come join us and find a CAREER you can love!
Deaconess uses the EPIC Medical Record System
Education and Experience
High school diploma preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Must be licensed in Indiana as a Home Health Aide or Certified Nurse Assistant. A valid Drivers license is required for visiting staff. CNA preferred.