- Princeton, IN
- Gibson General Hospital
- Core Lab
- Part Time - 48 - Day/Evening
- Patient Care Support
- Scheduled Weekday: Monday - Sunday
- Shift Start Time: Varies
- Shift End Time: Varies
- Weekend Shift Assignments: Rotating Weekends
- Holiday Shift Assignments: Rotating Holidays
- Position Eligible Incentives: None
- Req #: 20180
SUMMARY OF THE JOB
This position has responsibilities for timely collection and correct identification of specimens from patients for expeditious transport to appropriate laboratory section for testing. Additional responsibilities include providing test result information to authorized persons in a timely manner and performing other associated clerical duties in a manner to assure the effective function of the Reception/Collection areas.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma/GED or
- Previous Phlebotomy experience and/or five years’ experience in a medical/clinical office setting or
- Associate degree as a Medical Assistant or other hospital related field
At least one of the following is desired but not required:
- Certified as a Clinical Laboratory Assistant by the American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP)
- Certified as a Phlebotomist by the ASCP or National Phlebotomy Association (NPA)
Proof of education will be required. This proof will be in the form of an authenticated copy of an original diploma or transcripts. Transcripts may be required if further definition of a degree is needed.
KEEPING YOU SAFE
We are taking necessary precautions to keep our candidates and staff safe through the pandemic. Interviews are being conducted in-person while, onboarding is being done virtually both with proper social distancing. We provide you with proper PPE and do our best to keep you safe.
WHY CHOOSE DEACONESS?
Deaconess is one of the largest, local employers in the tristate area and has been recognized as the #2 Hospital in Indiana and named Best Place to Work in 2020. Compassion for patients and dedication to the community are core values of Deaconess and have been since our founding in 1892. We truly value our employees. Come join us and find a CAREER you can love!