Specimen Processor - Supplemental/As Needed
- Evansville, IN
- Deaconess Midtown Campus
- Laboratory - MT
- Supplemental - Night
- Patient Care Support
- Scheduled Weekday: Monday - Sunday
- Shift Start Time: 10:00 PM
- Shift End Time: 6:00 AM
- Weekend Shift Assignments: Rotating Weekends
- Holiday Shift Assignments: Rotating Holidays
- Position Eligible Incentives: Shift and On-Call Incentives
- Req #: 19792
SummaryReceives and processes specimens: including the prioritizing, preparation and storage of various laboratory specimens. Must be able to do computer functions and process paperwork. Must be able to prepare, log and properly store samples. Responds to telephone inquiries: this involves responding to various test results in the laboratory and customer inquiries for sample requirements. Organizes workflow to assure processing is completed in a timely fashion. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1) Must be able to meet turnaround time requirements.
2) Requires considerable initiative and judgment in processing of specimens and responsibility for coordinating daily workflow.
3) Must demonstrate high personal standards for job performance.
4) Discretion required in dealing with patient information.
5) Must demonstrate professional behavior on the phone and with coworkers.
Applicants must be a high school graduate or completed a GED. Individuals with experience in the healthcare field or healthcare-related education are strongly preferred. Proof of education will be required. This proof will be in the form of an authenticated copy of an original diploma or transcripts. Transcripts may be required if further definition of a degree is needed.