Emergency Services Technician
This job posting is no longer active.
- Henderson, KY
- Deaconess Henderson Hospital
- Emergency Room
- Part Time - 40 - Evening/Night
- Patient Care Support
- Scheduled Weekday: Monday - Sunday
- Shift Start Time: Varies
- Shift End Time: Varies
- Weekend Shift Assignments: Rotating Weekends
- Holiday Shift Assignments: Rotating Holidays
- Position Eligible Incentives: Shift Incentives
- Req #: 19780
We are looking for compassionate, caring people to join our great staff of health care providers.
Join Our Team
We are looking for compassionate, caring, and dedicated employees to join our team and help us continue our tradition of excellence.
We pride ourselves in retaining our top talent by offering work environments that support professional development and personal success. Our extensive benefits package includes standard and advantage options. In addition to that we offer:
- Flexible work schedules – Full time/part time/supplemental – Day/Eve/Night
- Level 4 children’s enrichment centers
- Tuition reimbursement
- Free access to fitness centers, where health coaches are available to help with workout plans
- Career advancement opportunities
As a Emergency Services Tech, you will play a critical role in continuing the healing mission of Deaconess.
Under the supervision of the RN, the Emergency Services Technician (EST) performs various care activities and related services necessary in caring for the personal needs, comfort and safety for a specific patient population (ANA Standards of Delegation). The EST must be able to demonstrate growth and development knowledge and skills to provide patient care appropriate to the age of the patient served. Employee must be able to successfully complete job specific orientation, competencies, and meet/exceed standards as identified in the criteria based performance appraisal. EST’s must demonstrate awareness of patient’s rights in all aspects of patient care and reports issue to appropriate person.
The Emergency Services Technician is a member of the multidisciplinary team, under the direction of the RN, which provides or assists with basic patient care requirements, treatments, and procedures. Communicates to the RN pertinent findings or observations noted while providing patient care and comfort. Assist professional staff with basic life support principles.
Keeping you safe:
We are taking necessary precautions to keep our candidates and staff safe through the pandemic. Interviews are being conducted in-person while onboarding is being done virtually, both with proper social distancing. We provide you with proper PPE and do our best to keep you safe. As a member of the healthcare team, you will have early access to the new COVID vaccine.
Why Choose Deaconess?
Deaconess is one of the largest, local employers in the tristate area and has been recognized as the #2 Hospital in Indiana and named Best Place to Work in 2020. We are also Magnet Recognized by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Magnet designation is the highest level of recognition that a health care organization can attain that provides the service of professional registered nurses. The Magnet program promotes excellence in nursing practice. Compassion for patients and dedication to the community are core values of Deaconess and have been since our founding in 1892. We truly value our employees. Come join us and find a CAREER you can love!
· Basic Life Support: Health Care Provider, within six months of hire.
· Basic Dysrhythmia Class, within six months of hire
· Optional Advanced Splinting Class
Education and Experience
· Require the completion of a high school education or equivalent (GED) and be 18 years of age.
· Successfully completes PCT classes as required by care center/unit.
· Successfully completes ED orientation program
· Successfully completes hospital required classes and competencies
· Successfully completes Basis Dysrhythmia Class