Diagnostic Medical Sonographer - Supplemental/PRN/As Needed
- Newburgh, IN
- Deaconess Gateway Campus
- Radiology - GW
- Supplemental - Day/Evening/Night
- Scheduled Weekday: Monday - Sunday
- Shift Start Time: Varies
- Shift End Time: Varies
- Weekend Shift Assignments: Most Weekends
- Holiday Shift Assignments: Rotating Holidays
- Position Eligible Incentives: None
- Req #: 19446
The Diagnostic Medical Sonographer will perform routine and specific specialized diagnostic sonographic imaging procedures at a level not requiring constant supervision of technical detail under direction of a radiologist. The individual will assist physicians with interventional procedures.
Job duties include the following (other duties may be assigned):
· Performs ultrasound, duplex scanning, and Doppler procedures
· Performs quality assessment.
· Performs clerical functions and computer data entry.
· Assists in orientation activities.
· Participates in meetings and in-service programs.
· Participates in quality improvement activities related to patient care/services.
· Assists with moving patients and preparing patients for exams.
· Complies with magnetic and radiation safety rules and regulations.
· Complies with OSHA rules & regulations.
· Complies with facility Policies and Procedures.
Education and Technical/Professional Credentials: Graduate of Diagnostic Mediacl Sonography Program, Registered as RDMS and RVT through ARDMS in Sonography.
Experience and Training: Graduate of Accredited Diagnostic Medical Sonography Program. Employees may learn duties in 3 months (this includes computer use).
This position is a Deaconess Supplemental Staff (DSS) position, which offers a flexible schedule with a minimum requirement of 48 hours in a 6 week period. This position is a good opportunity for students and others needing more flexibility. Supplemental hours may vary and are not guaranteed.