RN, LPN, or CMA - Clinical Office Assistant - Research
- Evansville, IN
- Deaconess Clinic Downtown
- Research - DC
- Full Time - 80 - Day
- Deaconess Clinic
- Scheduled Weekday: Monday - Friday
- Shift Start Time: 7:30 AM
- Shift End Time: 4:30 PM
- Weekend Shift Assignments: None
- Holiday Shift Assignments: None
- Position Eligible Incentives: None
- Req #: 17604
Join Our Team
We are looking for compassionate, caring people to join our talented staff of health care professionals as we continue to grow to be the preferred, regional health care partner in our community.
We pride ourselves in retaining our top talent by offering work environments that support professional development and personal success. In addition to our robust healthcare and retirement plans, we offer:
- Onsite children’s care centers (Infant through Pre-K)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Free access to fitness centers, where health coaches are available to help with workout plans
- Career advancement opportunities
- Competitive pay, shift and weekend incentives, yearly opportunities for pay increases and bonuses
As a Clinical Office Assistant, you will play a critical role in continuing the healing mission of Deaconess.
The Clinical Office Assistant is responsible for providing direct or indirect care according to the applicable state Nurse Practice Act to patients who present with urgent, emergent or potential health problems as well as preventive care. Services provided by the COA will include, but are not limited to, general patient care, assistance with procedures, documentation of activities and patient/family education. The COA will provide care utilizing established principles and ethical standards as well as policies and procedures established by Deaconess.
What You Will Need
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Graduation certificate from an accredited Medical Assistant program or graduation from an accredited nursing program required.
- Experience preferred but not required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Current certification/license from one of the below:
- Certified Medical Assistant- American Association of Medical Assistants
- Registered Medical Assistant- American Medical Technologist
- Certified Clinical Medical Assistant- National Health career Association
- National Certified Medical Assistant- National Center for Competency Testing
- Nationally Registered Certified Medical Assistant- National Association for Health Professionals
- Registered Medical Assistant- American Allied Health
- Certified Medical Assistant Clinical- American Medical Certification Association
- Active LPN license in state of employment
- Active RN license in state of employment
CPR provider certification required.
Keeping You Safe
We are taking necessary precautions to keep our candidates and staff safe through the pandemic. Interviews are being conducted in-person while onboarding is being done virtually, both with proper social distancing. We provide you with proper PPE and do our best to keep you safe. As a member of the healthcare team, you will have access to the new COVID vaccine.
Why Choose Deaconess?
Deaconess is one of the largest, local employers in the tristate area and has been recognized as the #2 Hospital in Indiana and named Best Place to Work in 2020. Compassion for patients and dedication to the community are core values of Deaconess and have been since our founding in 1892. We value our employees and offer an extensive benefits package. Throughout the Health System, we offer work environments that support professional development and personal success. We truly value our employees. Come join us and find a CAREER you can love!