CNA - Supplemental - Union County Med/Surg
- Morganfield, KY
- Deaconess Union County Hospital
- Supplemental - Day/Evening/Night
- Patient Care Support
- Scheduled Weekday: Monday - Sunday
- Shift Start Time: 6:45 AM
- Shift End Time: 7:15 PM
- Weekend Shift Assignments: None
- Holiday Shift Assignments: Rotating Holidays
- Position Eligible Incentives: None
- Req #: 17468
We are looking for compassionate, caring people to join our great staff of health care providers.
This position is a Deaconess Supplemental Staff (DSS) position, which offers a flexible schedule with a minimum requirement of 48 hours in a 6 week period. This position is a good opportunity for students and others needing more flexibility. Supplemental hours may vary and are not guaranteed.
CNA provides direct patient care as delegated by a registered nurse and in cooperation with other team members. Duties performed by PCT include helping patients with activities of daily living, personal hygiene, nourishment and other treatments and procedures.
Under the supervision of the RN, the CNA performs various care activities and related services necessary in caring for the personal needs, comfort and safety for a specific patient population (ANA Standards of Delegation, 2004). The PCT must be able to demonstrate growth and development knowledge and skills to provide patient care appropriate to the age of the patient served. Employee must be able to successfully complete job specific orientation, competencies, and meet/exceed standards as identified in the criteria based performance appraisal. PCTs must demonstrate awareness of patient’s rights in all aspects of patient care and reports issue to appropriate person. The PCT demonstrates leadership through coordination of unit equipment and activities.
The CNA is a member of the multidisciplinary team, under the direction of the RN, which provides or assists with basic patient care requirements, treatments and procedures. Communicates to the RN pertinent findings or observations noted while providing patient care and comfort. Assist professional staff with basic life support principles.
Education and Experience
- CNA's require the completion of a high school education or equivalent.
- Previous patient care or nursing assistant experience desired.
- Successfully completes PCT classes as required by care center/unit.
- Successfully completes the Basic Dysrhythmia Class.
- Basic Life Support: Health Care Provider required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Basic Life Support: Health Care Provider, within six months of hire.
Deaconess uses the EPIC Medical Record System