RN, LPN, or CMA - Team-Based Care Clinical Office Assistant
This job posting is no longer active.
- Evansville, IN
- Deaconess Clinic Downtown
- Primary Care
- Full Time - 80 - Day
- Deaconess Clinic
- Scheduled Weekday: Monday - Friday
- Shift Start Time: 7:45 AM
- Shift End Time: 5:00 PM
- Weekend Shift Assignments: None
- Holiday Shift Assignments: None
- Position Eligible Incentives: None
- Req #: 18126
Join Our Team
We are looking for compassionate, caring people to join our talented staff of health care professionals as we continue to grow to be the preferred, regional health care partner in our community.
This position provides team-based support to providers in the delivery of exceptional patient care and customer service. This position assists the provider (Physician/Advanced Practice Provider) to aide in clinic flow and continuity of care to patients by working in a team-based care model composted of one provider and two Clinical Office Assistants (COAs). The team-based care model allows the COA more time with each patient as an integral member of the patient care team.
The COA is responsible for providing direct or indirect care according to the applicable state Nurse Practice Act to patients who present with urgent, emergent or potential health problems as well as preventive care. Services provided by the COA will include, but are not limited to:
- Interview patient for primary complaint, obtain appropriate vital signs and detail pertinent medical history in the Electronic Medical Record during the patient intake process.
- This includes historical data collection of previous allergies; updating patient's medication list, significant medical history, and learning barriers.
- Charge and chart for all procedures, treatments and medications.
- Implement provider's plan of treatment for patients of all ages.
- Assist providers in direct patient care procedures, give prescribed medications and immunizations.
- Call in prescriptions and complete prior authorizations as assigned.
- Stock the exam rooms, including infection prevention and cleaning of the rooms between patients.
- Perform point of care tests on patients on a regular basis.
- Document tests and procedures in the EMR to reflect accurate charting and charging for any point of care test or procedure being performed.
- Document patient/family education
- Provide care utilizing established principles and ethical standards as well as policies and procedures established by Deaconess.
What You Will Need
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Graduation certificate from an accredited Medical Assistant program or graduation from an accredited nursing program required.
- Experience preferred but not required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Current certification/license from one of the below:
- Certified Medical Assistant- American Association of Medical Assistants
- Registered Medical Assistant- American Medical Technologist
- Certified Clinical Medical Assistant- National Health career Association
- National Certified Medical Assistant- National Center for Competency Testing
- Nationally Registered Certified Medical Assistant- National Association for Health Professionals
- Registered Medical Assistant- American Allied Health
- Certified Medical Assistant Clinical- American Medical Certification Association
- Active LPN license in state of employment
- Active RN license in state of employment
CPR provider certification required.
Why Choose Deaconess?
Deaconess is one of the largest, local employers in the tristate area and is consistently recognized as a leader in healthcare at the state and national levels. Compassion for patients and dedication to the community are core values of Deaconess and have been since our founding in 1892. We value our employees and offer an extensive benefits package. Throughout the Health System, we offer work environments that support professional development and personal success. Come join us and find a CAREER you can love.