CT Technologist - Supplemental/PRN/As Needed
- Evansville, IN
- Deaconess Midtown Campus
- Radiology - MT
- Supplemental - Various
- Scheduled Weekday: Monday - Sunday
- Shift Start Time: Varies
- Shift End Time: Varies
- Weekend Shift Assignments: None
- Holiday Shift Assignments: Rotating Holidays
- Position Eligible Incentives: None
- Req #: 17467
We are looking for compassionate, caring people to join our great staff of health care providers as we continue to grow.
The CT Technologist performs routine and specific specialized CT procedures at a level not requiring constant supervision of technical detail under the direction of a radiologist. IV administration of contrast is required.
Job duties include the following (other duties may be assigned):
· Performs CT scanning procedures at an appropriate level of competency.
· Performs IV injections using safe sterile technique.
· Responds to emergency call back if assigned.
· Assists with orientation of new staff and students.
· Keeps area supplied and clean.
· Performs office responsibilities when required.
· Participates in in-services.
· Monitors vital signs as necessary.
· Performs HIS, RIS and PACS functions as necessary.
· Maintains equipment to decrease downtime and overtime expense.
· Participates in performance improvement and quality assurance initiatives.
· Supervision includes technologists in orientation, radiology students when assigned, and diagnostic student aides.
Education and Experience
The individual must be a graduate of a recognized Radiologic Technologist program or meet clinical experience, didactic course work and alternative eligibility as specified in the ARRT application for certification instructions. No experience is required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
The individual must be licensed by the Indiana State Department of Health as a Radiologic Technologist, certified by the ARRT as a Radiologic Technologist, and maintain annual renewal/registration with the certifying organization. If registry eligible by the ARRT, employee must be certified within 6 months of hire to avoid termination. Revocation or inability to maintain licensure and/or registration may result in termination of the individual. License renewal must occur two weeks prior to expiration date.
This position is a Deaconess Supplemental Staff (DSS) position, which offers a flexible schedule with a minimum requirement of 48 hours in a 6 week period. This position is a good opportunity for students and others needing more flexibility. Supplemental hours may vary and are not guaranteed.