This job posting is no longer active.
- Evansville, IN
- Deaconess Midtown Campus
- Access Center - Nonclinical
- Full Time - 80 - Day/Evening/Night
- Scheduled Weekday: Monday - Sunday
- Shift Start Time: Varies
- Shift End Time: Varies
- Weekend Shift Assignments: Rotating Weekends
- Holiday Shift Assignments: Rotating Holidays
- Position Eligible Incentives: None
- Req #: 17153
Join Our Team
We are looking for compassionate, caring people to join our talented staff of health care professionals as we continue to grow to be the preferred, regional health care partner in our community.
This position is responsible for scheduling patient appointments, conducting physician referrals, obtaining demographic, insurance and other information from patients. Maintains positive patient oriented services to provide optimum patient satisfaction. This person must possess strong communication skills, have excellent grammar and spelling skills, be proficient in keyboard use and be knowledgeable about various computer software programs. The ability to multitask, apply critical thinking, prioritize and shift gears quickly are a must for this fast paced role while demonstrating great accuracy. This individual must demonstrate ability to perform unit competencies successfully.
Job Duties include the following, other duties may be assigned:
- Provides Scheduling Services:
- Maintains patient confidentiality in all activities and at all times. Adheres to HIPAA regulations
- Schedules all advance procedures with physicians, physician’s offices, and/or appropriate departments including but not limited to specialty areas.
- Schedule patient appointments within the Health System Electronic scheduling system (EPIC) and online via Deaconess.com website.
- Serve as a physician finder ‘sales’ expert by understanding all available options for providers accepting new patients and successfully connecting new patients to the health system with a WOW experience
- Conduct physician referrals and provide appropriate physician finder information per policy.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge and application of files, i.e., physician privileging, procedural, and block scheduling.
- Enter into computer system, and communicate to appropriate departments.
- Communicates, coordinates and schedules for the placement of patients as directed.
- Schedules and reschedules appointments for Deaconess Clinic primary care for new patient, established patients and follow up patients.
- Be proficient on cadence scheduling platforms o Exhibit the ability to multi-task and address requests in a timely and organized fashion.
- Updating patient demographics: name, phone, address, emergency contacts, email, employer info etc.
- Financial Assistance
- Handle and own patient inquires that the specialist receives via telephone by updating the accounts appropriately via registration for future account accuracy in billing, etc
- Identifying and creating guarantors
- Be proficient at coverage training and pass coverage accuracy test yearly
- Locating the coverage and determining if the clinic takes this insurance coverage for each office within Deaconess Clinic
- Future state: Running RTE for coverage eligibility
What You Will Need
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- One or two years’ clerical/secretarial experience.
- One to three years of experience in a physician office, hospital registration, or hospital billing preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Why Choose Deaconess?
Deaconess is one of the largest, local employers in the tristate area and is consistently recognized as a leader in healthcare at the state and national levels. Compassion for patients and dedication to the community are core values of Deaconess and have been since our founding in 1892. We value our employees and offer an extensive benefits package. Throughout the Health System, we offer work environments that support professional development and personal success. Come join us and find a CAREER you can love.