Patient Connect Representative
- Evansville, IN
- Deaconess Midtown Campus
- Access Center - Nonclinical
- Full Time - 80 - Day/Evening
- Scheduled Weekday: Monday - Sunday
- Shift Start Time: Varies
- Shift End Time: Varies
- Weekend Shift Assignments: Rotating Weekends
- Holiday Shift Assignments: Rotating Holidays
- Position Eligible Incentives: None
- Req #: 17123
Join Our Team
We are looking for compassionate, caring people to join our talented staff of health care professionals as we continue to grow to be the preferred, regional health care partner in our community.
This position is responsible for scheduling patient appointments, conducting physician referrals, scheduling classes, maintaining electronic call schedules, responding to answering service calls and paging, responding to emergency calls and life safety emergencies, activating emergency response teams, activating MyChart accounts for callers, facilitating general calls and performing overhead announcements. This person must possess strong communication skills, have excellent grammar and spelling skills, be proficient in keyboard use and be knowledgeable about various computer software programs. The ability to multitask, prioritize and shift gears quickly are a must for this fast paced role. This individual must demonstrate ability to perform unit competencies successfully.
Job Duties include the following, other duties may be assigned:
- Schedule patient appointments within the Health System Electronic scheduling system and online via Deaconess.com website.
- Conduct physician referrals and provide appropriate physician finder information per policy.
- Schedule callers for classes and answer inquiries regarding class offerings, upselling as appropriate.
- Provide ACO patient membership verification.
- Maintain up-to-date computer schedule, calendars, and physicians’ office, and/or appropriate departments.
- Maintain up-to-date provider electronic call schedules and provider account rules 24/7 within the telephone software system.
- Respond to emergency calls and life safety emergencies promptly including Code Blue, Fire Alarm Electronic Alert and others as assigned per policy and procedure.
- Activate emergency response teams including stroke, trauma, AMI8 and others as assigned.
- Perform overhead announcements in a clear and concise manner and communicate by handheld radio as needed.
- Must be proficient in the use of software including but not limited to the following:
- OnviCare Telephone Software System
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Outlook
- Kentico Web Content Management System
- RAVE Mass Notification Communication System
- Handle answering service calls according to electronic account directions. Pages must be prompt, detailed and accurate.
- Facilitate other general calls including but not limited to wayfinding, patient information and other general hospital information.
- Activate MyChart accounts for callers.
- Exhibit the ability to multi-task and address requests in a timely and organized fashion.
What You Will Need
- High school diploma
- Business background with direct customer related contact experience preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Why Choose Deaconess?
Deaconess is one of the largest, local employers in the tristate area and is consistently recognized as a leader in healthcare at the state and national levels. Compassion for patients and dedication to the community are core values of Deaconess and have been since our founding in 1892. We value our employees and offer an extensive benefits package. Throughout the Health System, we offer work environments that support professional development and personal success. Come join us and find a CAREER you can love.