Registered Respiratory Therapist RRT (Eve/Night) - Supplemental/As Needed
This job posting is no longer active.
- Evansville, IN
- Deaconess Midtown Campus
- Respiratory Services - MT
- Supplemental - Evening/Night
- Scheduled Weekday: Monday - Sunday
- Shift Start Time: 6:30 PM
- Shift End Time: 7:00 AM
- Weekend Shift Assignments: Rotating Weekends
- Holiday Shift Assignments: Rotating Holidays
- Position Eligible Incentives: None
- Req #: 17101
The Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) has the responsibility for administering respiratory services according to physician orders to inpatients and outpatients. The RRT works with patients ranging from infants to patients in later maturity.
Job dutiesinclude the following; (other duties as assigned)
· Perform Diagnostic Procedure and related task
· Respiratory Special Procedures
· Deliver Medications
· Delivery of Conscious Sedation Medication and reversals may be performed with specialized training
· Set-up and Maintain Ventilator and Humidification Delivery Systems
· Perform CPR when Necessary
· Provide Percussion/Postural Drainage to Patients
· May participate on departmental and/or hospital performance improvement teams as appropriate.
Education and Experience
Graduate from an accredited Respiratory Care Program.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
· Current Indiana State Respiratory Care Practitioners license required.
· Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required; maintain/recertify every two years.
· It is preferred that therapist assigned to critical care will have RRT and ACLS.
· It is mandatory that any therapist assigned to the PICU will have current ACLS and PALS.
This position is a Deaconess Supplemental Staff (DSS) position, which offers a flexible schedule with a minimum requirement of 48 hours in a 6 week period. This position is a good opportunity for students and others needing more flexibility. Supplemental hours may vary and are not guaranteed.