Radiology Patient Assistant II
- Henderson, KY
- Deaconess Henderson Hospital
- Part Time - 48 - Day/Evening
- Patient Care Support
- Scheduled Weekday: Monday - Sunday
- Shift Start Time: Varies
- Shift End Time: Varies
- Weekend Shift Assignments: Rotating Weekends
- Holiday Shift Assignments: Rotating Holidays
- Position Eligible Incentives: None
- Req #: 16755
Job duties include the following (other duties as assigned):
· Provides or assists with basic patient care requirements, treatments, and procedures.
· Obtaining and/or calling results to referring doctors, prepare patients for exams, and assists with patient transfers.
· Utilizes EMR to ‘arrive” scheduled patients and provide instruction on appropriate exam dress as well as assist with initial screening and medication reconciliation and notifying modality of arrival of patient
· Obtains vital signs and recognizes the need for oxygen.
· Transports patients and/or specimens. This transfer can be from bed to imaging table or from one department to another.
· Maintains supplies for area.
· Coordinate biopsies for ancillary areas.
· Stocks and cleans area.
· Answers multi-line phones. Takes accurate messages and provides follow up when asked.
· Completes work orders in CMMS.
· Obtains pertinent laboratory values for patients when applicable.
· Scanning documentation in EMR
· Will maintain competency for front office duties including but not limited to Epic, CD burning, importing CD’s to PACS.
· Fulfills customer requests for images by reprinting exams from PACS for distribution to a physician office while utilizing proper quality assurance measures. Maintains records of released films/CD’s
· Operates film digitizer to convert hard copy images(Film or CD) into digital format and transmit to PACS
· Ensures necessary images are available for surgical procedures either on PACS or hard copy if required.
· Accesses reports, images, or other pertinent patient data via EMR or PACS while following applicable HIPAA guidelines
· Monitors the “Unexpected Findings” folder and provides follow up for those studies.
· Scanning patient documentation into EMR
· Monitors failed fax monitor and provides appropriate follow up.
Education and Experience
The individual must be a high school graduate. Some medical terminology is preferred, but not required.