Deaconess VNA Hospice Aide
This job posting is no longer active.
- Evansville, IN
- Deaconess VNA
- Deaconess Hospice - DVNA
- Full Time - 80 - Day
- Patient Care Support
- Req #: 15055
It is our passion and privilege to provide excellent care - both physical and spiritual - to patients, families, and the
communities we serve.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Must be licensed in Indiana as a Home Health Aide or Certified Nurse Assistant. A valid Drivers license is
required for visiting staff. CNA preferred.
Education and Experience
High school diploma preferred.
SUMMARY OF THE JOB
Gives personal care and exercise and performs light housekeeping chores for patients in their home environment or
inpatient hospice units. Serves as model and demonstrator to patients and their families. Follows the clinical
direction of the Staff RN in the management of the patient's plan of care.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Job Duties include the following, other duties may be assigned:
1. Assists patients with assigned personal hygiene. Care provided includes bathing (bed, sponge, tub
and shower), hair care (shampoo in and out of bed), oral hygiene, shaving, foot soaks, skin and nail
2. Completes assigned procedures and treatments. This may include taking temperatures and blood
pressures, providing catheter care, Texas catheter care, observing bladder and bowel functions, and
assisting with rehabilitation home programs. Upon supervisory direction, assists with
mechanical/Hoyer lifts, transfer boards, and provides stoma care when assigned.
3. Provides assistance with designated activities including passive and active range of motion, ambulation
4. Assists with assigned housekeeping functions which may include changing and/or making beds, meal
setup and feeding, washing dishes, laundry, dusting, floor care and refuse disposal. While working in
an inpatient unit, completes assigned housekeeping functions and performs monitor checks on specific
equipment as assigned.
5. Recognizes and communicates to the case manager/Staff RN changes in the patient's conditions,
using methods appropriate to the urgency.
6. Conforms to established Agency expectations of productivity and quality care.
7. Maintains accurate and complete patient, time and mileage records. Submits documentation on the
approved forms/format according to prevailing time requirements.
8. Participates as a flexible team member assisting with coverage of patient care needs as assigned in an
inpatient unit, home, or nursing home. Participates in the weekend, holiday, and on-call coverage role
9. Participates in Agency meetings, inservices, staff meetings and IDG meetings, shift reporting activities,
and case conferences as required.
10. Demonstrates application of infection control principles.
11. Accepts responsibility under adverse working conditions, within the limits of safety.
12. Respects personal and medical information in the strictest confidence.
13. Driving is required for visiting staff
14. Performs all other duties as may be required.