Licensed Mental Health Provider - Family Practice Center
- Evansville, IN
- Deaconess Midtown Campus
- Family Practice Center - MT
- Full Time - 80 - Day
- Req #: 14719
SUMMARY OF THE JOB
· Performs intake evaluations and independently assesses a wide variety of psychiatric conditions and DSM-5 diagnoses commonly found in the patient population served. Determines short-term and long-term treatment goals in order to meet patient’s psychosocial needs.
· Delivers quality individual and group counseling services to patients incorporating evidence-based treatment modalities in a culturally-competent manner. Develops, implements, and conducts psychoeducational programming. Completes thorough and concise documentation of all clinical encounters in the electronic medical record.
· Maintains knowledge of new and existing community services, including mental health care. Serves as a liaison between community agencies, patients, and resident physicians. Collaborates with internal and external resources in providing clinical treatment.
· Is available for consultation with resident physicians and/or patients during medical appointments for concerns regarding mental health, addiction, safety, access/referral to resources, etc. Provides crisis intervention and de-escalation, as needed. Conducts developmental screenings during well-child appointments.
· Consistently performs all duties in a manner that exemplifies Deaconess standards for customer relations and patient satisfaction.
JOB REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and must clearly demonstrate each of the competencies. The education/experience, certifications, skills, physical demands, and work environment further define requirements associated with this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
Master’s Degree in Mental Health Counseling, Social Work, Clinical/Counseling Psychology, Marriage and Family Therapy, or related human service field.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Current license in good standing issued by the Indiana Behavioral Health and Human Services Licensing Board as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC) or Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT).
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret professional journal articles, policies and procedures, and governmental regulation documents. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from staff, managers, resident physicians, patients, and the general public.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to conceptualize patients in light of history and sound biopsychosocial theoretical framework. Ability to routinely integrate mental health ethical codes into decision-making. Ability to problem solve in innovative/creative ways to maximize benefit to patient and health care system.
Other Required Skills, Ability, or Knowledge
Demonstrated flexibility to work both independently and as part of an interdisciplinary team. Ability to work in close proximity to others and/or in a distracted environment. Ability to work in various roles and capacities and to respect boundaries of each role. Ability to establish mutually satisfying relationships with a wide range of people. Demonstrated comfort working with individuals who have medical and/or mental illness. Ability to regulate own emotions and to remain professional and calm in stressful situations. Demonstrated strengths in communication skills and organization. Ability to manage multiple priorities and utilize time effectively. Demonstrated self-motivation and desire to learn. Ability to receive and integrate feedback. Ability to comply with all laws, regulatory guidelines, and health care policies.